0.5 days, 4 instructional hours
4 Engineering Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
4 MESH (Manager of Environmental Health and Safety) Hours
Ensuring Compliance with OSHA's New Hazard Communication Standard
Recent changes to OSHA's Hazard Communication Standard may have left you with lots of questions.
We have answers.
Designed for those designated with the responsibility of managing safety and health in the workplace, this half day, interactive training session will clarify the recent changes as OSHA has aligned its HazCom standard with the Globally Harmonized System (GHS) of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals (GHS). Major changes to the standard will be reviewed with a focus on what employers need to know and do to ensure compliance.
- Review major changes in the new Hazard Communication Standard
- Examine new criteria for classifying hazardous chemicals
- Understand new labeling requirements for hazardous chemicals
- Examine changes to Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)
- Review OSHA's implementation schedule for required changes
- Be prepared to comply with the new standard
Environmental, safety and health managers, plant and facility engineers, maintenance staff, experienced environmental safety and health managers looking to ensure complinace with the HazCom Standard.
- Key changes in the Hazard Communication Standard
- New system for classifying and labeling chemicals and chemical mixtures
- Pictograms, hazard statements and precautionary statements
- New format and requirements for Safety Data Sheets
- OSHA's implementation schedule
- How to comply with the new standard