5.5 Contact hours
5.5 Engineering Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
This workshop has been created for those who want to learn about current market trends and supply chain opportunities in the wind energy industry. The workshop presenters have toured the world’s largest OEMs, both here and in Europe, interviewed wind farm developers and general contractors, and have condensed the findings into this focused educational program.
- How extensive is this industry and what are the trends?
- What is the supply chain structure for wind turbine parts?
- What are the industry sector lessons for fabrication and machining, composites and electrical?
- What are the offshore and onshore opportunitiesfor North Carolina manufacturers?
- Where does a company get more information fast?
Who Should Attend:
Manufacturers interested in exploring new market opportunities who:
- Operate a foundry, forge, machine shop, composites or fabricating plant
- Operate a factory that produces power electronics, control systems, hydraulics, composites, fasteners, brakes, blades, nacelles
- Operate a factory that produces supplemental equipment for the wind industry such as ladders, elevators, hoists, fire-suppression, lighting or meteorological equipment