The Industrial Extension Service administers the most comprehensive North Carolina manufacturing assistance program.
Anchored by the North Carolina Manufacturing Extension Partnership (NCMEP), the IES team of regional extension agents and experienced technical specialists are engaging and providing solutions to hundreds of manufacturers across the state.
As the manufacturing industry leads the nation out of the Great Recession, CEOs and plant leaders continue to seek ways to ensure their businesses are competitive in the new economy.
IES core competencies in manufacturing include the following:
- Energy and Environmental Services
- Innovation Management
- Industrial Engineering
- ISO Management Systems
- Lean Six Sigma
- Performance Excellence Program (Baldrige)
- Project Management
- Safety and OSHA Compliance
Recent IES successes in manufacturing assistance:
- NAIM Prepares to Launch Innovative Product
- TARBORO FACILITY PROMOTES QUALITY AT ALL LEVELS OF THE COMPANY
- Moen makes lean a priority in its manufacturing operations