The Manufacturing Makes it Real Network (MMIRN) is a membership organization that offers North Carolina's manufacturers opportunities to:
- Share operational best practices
- Connect with peers
- Localize supply chains
- Promote a growing North Carolina manufacturing industry
Network members hold a series of networking and benchmarking events at many world-class North Carolina manufacturing facilities such as Glen Raven Technical Fabrics in Burlington, Keihin Carolina System Technology in Tarboro and Siemens in Charlotte. To see where we went in 2014, please click here.
We are currently working on a great slate of events for 2015, with a special emphasis on NC manufacturers that excel in one of these focus areas:
- Technology - the use and implementation of innovative tech on the manufacturing floor or back office
- Workforce/Leadership Development - with unique best practices in the recruitment and retention of an advanced manufacturing workforce
- Partnerships - that have reached beyond their walls and forged unique partnerships with communities/organizations/other manufacturers
- Sustainability - with best practices in energy/water/resource management
- Innovation - who have built an effective and "ritualistic" pipeline for innovative product development or company evolution
Stay tuned to our events page as we release our 2015 dates and locales, but here are some of the first events of 2015:
- March 26 @ Bridgestone Tire (Wilson, NC), registration opens Friday, 2/6 - This large event will focus on sustainability and be hosted by one of the most sustainable (and largest) facilities you will ever visit at Bridgestone Tire. This will be a great time for networking, touring a world-class manufacturer and hearing from a panel of NC’s heavyweights in sustainable manufacturing practices.
MEMBER ONLY: April 15 @ Pit Crew U. (Mooresville, NC), registration open now - To show our appreciation to Network members, we are offering lunch, a speaker and then a tour at a nearby Nascar Truck Series shop.
For the more adventurous, we are offering an optional exercise that morning that will be a hands-on simulation using a NASCAR style pit stop to allow upper and middle level manufacturing leaders to better understand the roles of supporting a continuous improvement culture. 5 rounds of pit stops are used to progressively work the participants through the process of utilizing Value Stream Mapping and Rapid Improvement Events to align strategic goals and achieve bottom line results. MMIRN members receive a $100 discount to attend this course. You must register for this optional course separately.
To learn more about the benefits of becoming a Member and how you can join or support the Network, please contact us.