8 MESH Hours (Manager of Environmental Safety and Health)
8 PDHs (Professional Development Hours for Engineers)
Hazardous waste clean-up site workers; hazardous waste treatment, storage, and disposal facility employees; and personnel who respond to hazardous materials emergencies are required to complete annual refresher training as stipulated in 29 CFR 1910.120 and 29 CFR 1926.65. This course meets those annual refresher requirements by presenting realistic hazmat issues for group discussion and opportunities to plan and respond to simulated hazmat spill/release scenarios.
This course is designed for equipment operators, general laborers, and supervisory personnel engaged in hazardous waste clean-up; hazardous waste treatment, storage, and disposal facility personnel; and members of emergency response hazmat teams.
NOTE: This is an annual refresher class. ALL participants should have completed a minimum of 24 hours of initial HAZWOPER training.
- Receive HAZWOPER refresher training required by 29 CFR 1910.120(e)(8), (p)(7)(i), and (q)(8)(i); and 29 CFR 1926.65(e)(8), (p)(7)(i), and (q)(8)(i)
- Employ critical thinking skills and demonstrate practical abilities for hazmat emergency response and clean-up site operation settings
- Recognition, evaluation, and control of hazardous materials
- Measures for protecting personnel and the surrounding environment
- Selection and use of appropriate personal protective equipment (including respiratory protection, chemical protective clothing, boots, and gloves)
Participants should be dressed comfortably and wear closed-toe shoes as some demonstrations and activities may be conducted outdoors.