1 day, 7.5 Instructional Hours
7.5 MESH Hours (Manager of Environmental Safety and Health)
This course is eligible for credit towards OSHA’s Public Sector Certificate.
About This Course:
This course describes the role and responsibility of the employer to develop and implement an energy control program, or lockout/tagout (LOTO) for the protection of workers while performing servicing and maintenance activities on machinery and equipment, using the OSHA standard for Control of Hazardous Energy.
The intended audience is the line supervisor, site manager or safety manager designated with the responsibility for developing and implementing lockout/tagout energy control programs.
- Specify the requirements for implementing energy control programs and procedures and conducting training and audits
- Discover methods of detecting hazardous conditions and implementing control measures
- Types of hazardous energy
- Developing and implementing energy control programs
- Written isolation procedures
- Training of authorized and affected employees
- Periodic inspection