1 Day, 6.5 Instructional Hours
6.5 Engineering Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
Learn what you need to know to transition to the new AS 9100D Quality Management System (QMS) standard in this one-day overview.
Prerequisites: Understanding of AS 9100C is required.
Through detailed discussion of the new requirements of AS 9100D you will understand the key changes and how they will impact your organization. Our experienced instructor, will discuss the new requirements, facilitate hands-on exercises, and provide guidance on how to transition your organization to the new AS 9100 standard. Upon completion participants will be able to:
- Explain the requirements, structure and purpose of AS 9100D
- Understand the new clause structure of Annex SL
- Understand requirements for documented information
- Identify the changes between AS9100C and AS 9100D
- Determine the gaps between AS 9100D and your current QMS
- Assess the overall impact on your current quality management system
- Identify steps to implement the concepts of context of the organization, risk-based thinking, organizational knowledge, process approach, the Plan, Do, Check, Act cycle, product safety and counterfeit parts management
- Recognize the opportunity to make your quality management a strategic function within your organization
- Determine the implications of the new requirements on management and internal auditors
- Contribute to the development of your organization’s transition plan
Each participant will receive a training manual and a copy of the AS 9100D standard.
Who Should Attend:
Participants finding this course beneficial include those in organizations that are currently certified to AS 9100C and looking to transition to AS 9100D. In addition, this course would be essential to:
- Senior management responsible for the effectiveness of the QMS
- Employees assisting organizations with their transition to AS 9100D
- Management representatives, operations managers, process owners, and consultants responsible for ensuring the requirements are met