|Sign-In and Registration||9:00 am – 9:30 am|
|Welcome & Introductions||9:30 am – 9:45 am|
|Cybersecurity 101||9:45 am – 10:00 am|
|DoD Cybersecurity Requirements||10:00 am – 12:00 pm|
|Lunch Break||12:00 pm – 1:00 pm|
|Small Group Discussions
(Employee Training, Risk Management & Critical Response Team)
|1:00 pm – 2:30 pm|
Cost: $99 per person.
Event Description: Discover and learn simple cybersecurity concepts that can be simply incorporated in your implementation plan to help secure your business and continue your DoD contract by meeting the 12/31/2017 NIST 800-171 requirements . This education session sponsored by the NC Manufacturing Extension Partnership (and the NC Military Business Center) will provide participants with an understanding of compliance requirements, risk and potential impact on their business should they encounter viruses, ransomware, breaches and other cyber attacks. Through group discussions, self-evaluations, review of standards, with relevant illustrations and examples participants will recognize the risk; and know who can help with our Cybersecurity Toolkit. Don’t wait until it is too late. Register today.
Learning Objectives: Participants will learn from industry experts on how to meet the new cybersecurity requirements for all Department of Defense sub and prime contractors. In addition, participants will develop a foundational awareness regarding the cyber risks associated with their business. Upon completion of session participants will be able to:
- Recommend and explain basic levels of cybersecurity implementation based off NIST SP 800-171.
- Hypothesize the potential impact of a cyber attack or breach to a business.
- Differentiate between the different types of cyber threats.
- Discover resources that can help secure their organization.
- Explain and defend the idea of implementing cybersecurity measures.
Materials: Each participant will receive a Cybersecurity Resource Guide/Toolkit that contains resources as well as:
- Protecting Controlled Unclassified Information in Nonfederal Information Systems and Organizations Standard (NIST Special Publication 800-171)
- Presentation Slides
Who Should Attend: This series is designed for businesses who have prime and subprime contracts with the Department of Defense. In addition, small and medium sized businesses and anyone that is interested in learning more about cybersecurity.