1 days, 7 instructional hours
7 MESH (Manager of Environmental Safety and Health) Hours
7 Engineering Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
For location details and single session availability:
Regulations for transportation of hazardous materials and hazardous wastes continue to change. This 1-day course will review the requirements for shipping hazardous materials using 49 CFR (DOT) regulations and discuss the fundamentals of shipping hazardous materials, hazardous wastes, quantity exemptions and exceptions, and changes in the regulations. It is important to note that refresher training is required every 3 years and when regulations change. Topics covered in this refresher training include:
- Use of 49 CFR Parts 100-185 and applicability of the Hazardous Materials Regulations
- Identification of hazardous materials and use of the § 172.101 HM Table
- Packaging specifications
- Marking, labeling, placarding
- Shipping papers
- Incident reporting
- Registration, security plans and emergency response
Our experienced instructor will discuss the requirements of transporting hazardous materials and changes to the regulation. Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Recognize and identify hazardous materials
- Explain requirements related to shipping of hazardous materials
- Discuss the purpose, responsibility and explain the benefits safely shipping hazardous materials
Each participant will receive a copy of 49 CFR (Parts 100-185) and a training manual. Participants will also receive a certificate of completion with instructional hours.
Who Should Attend:
This course is designed for individuals who have completed DOT Hazardous Transportation Materials Training and are looking to meet the requirements of refresher training.
If you are looking to gain initial DOT Hazardous Transportation Materials certification training please register for DOT Hazardous Materials Transportation Training. Please also note that this class does not cover hands-on emergency response activities or carrier requirements. For further detail on training requirement please see 49 CFR 172.704.