6 Professional Development Hours (PDH)
NC State University is certified by the North Carolina Board of Registration for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors (NCBELS) as a provider of PDH Continuing Education Units.
Six (6) contact hours represents the estimated time to complete the online course, including exercises. However, actual times may vary from user to user.
Contracts is a detailed discussion of engineering contracts for use by the engineering project managers and those who manage or review engineering contracts. Included in this course are contract components, the influence of engineering insurance companies on contract contents, risk, terms of concern and missing provisions, certifications and guarantees, and resolution of engineering contract conflicts. The course includes detailed discussion of two example contracts and one certification. Those completing this course will gain an enhanced knowledge of critical contract components and phrases as well as an introduction to those contract terms which could jeopardize insurance coverage.
- Module 1 – Introduction Mediasite Content
- Module 2 – Contract Terms Mediasite Content
- Module 3 – Case History – Very High Risk Project Mediasite Content
- Module 4 – Contract Business Terms Mediasite Content
- Module 5 – Standard of Care Mediasite Content
- Module 6 – Case History – Hoover Dam Mediasite Content
- Module 7 – Contracts – Addressing Risk Mediasite Content
- Module 8 – Contract Termination Mediasite Content
- Module 9 – Contract Document Mediasite Content
- Module 10 – Construction and Citizenship Verification Mediasite Content
- Module 11 – Working Assignment – Denver Water General Services Contract Mediasite Content
- Module 12 – Terms of Concern and Missing Provisions Mediasite Content
- Module 13 – Conflict Considerations Mediasite Content
- Module 14 – Working Assignment – Durham Ellerbe Creek Contract Mediasite Content
- Module 15 – Subconsultant Contracts Mediasite Content
- Module 16 – Contract Management Mediasite Content
- Module 17 – Summary Mediasite Content
- Engineering Project Management: Engineering Contracts Exam
This course is available online, 24/7.
Upon approval of your purchase and successful check-out, you will be securely linked to this online course. You will then have 6 months to complete this course to earn your professional development hours.
Judy Weseman is a Professional Engineer with a unique combination of real-world experience, educational background and technical expertise. Judy’s professional expertise in civil engineering focuses on water quality, stormwater and sustainable design. She has won numerous awards for her project management skills in engineering design and construction and is a frequent speaker and author on sustainable design. Judy is active on local stormwater and greenway committees and boards. Judy earned a Master of Science degree in Environmental Engineering from The University of Tennessee and a Bachelor of Science from Auburn University.