6 Professional Development Hours (PDH)
NC State University is certified by the North Carolina Board of Registration for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors (NCBELS) as a provider of PDH Continuing Education Units.
Six (6) contact hours represents the estimated time to complete the online course, including exercises. However, actual times may vary from user to user.
Technical Communications is part of the Engineering Project Management core courses. This newly rewritten program discusses writing fundamentals as well as creation of engineering documents. Valuable guidance is provided on document structure and successful content. Specific topics discussed include RFP response, grant submittals, Powerpoint presentations, professional use of social media, use of photos and video, and submittal of presentations and written papers to professional meetings and publications.
- Review of Writing Fundamentals – Modules #1 through #4 are a review of writing fundamentals necessary to for professional, succinct verbal communication.
- Module 1 – Grammar and Punctuation Mediasite Content
- Module 2 – Sentence Structure Mediasite Content
- Module 3 – Effectively Managing Content Mediasite Content
- Module 4 – Document Structure Mediasite Content
- Creating Engineering Documents – For the remainder of the course, we will look at creating a variety of important documents and tools important to professional engineers.
- Module 5 – Successful Content Mediasite Content
- Module 6 – RFP and RFQ Response Mediasite Content
- Module 7 – Grants and Loans Mediasite Content
- Module 8 – Powerpoint Presentations Mediasite Content
- Module 9 – Social Media – Facebook and LinkedIn Mediasite Content
- Module 10 – Use of Photos and Video Mediasite Content
- Module 11 – Professional Conference Written & Oral Presentations Mediasite Content
- Module 12-Summary Mediasite Content
- Engineering Project Management Series: Technical Communications Exam
This course is available online, 24/7.
Upon approval of your purchase and successful check-out, you will be securely linked to this online course. You will then have 6 months to complete this course to earn your professional development hours.
Judy Weseman is a Professional Engineer with a unique combination of real-world experience, educational background and technical expertise. Judy’s professional expertise in civil engineering focuses on water quality, stormwater and sustainable design. She has won numerous awards for her project management skills in engineering design and construction and is a frequent speaker and author on sustainable design. Judy is active on local stormwater and greenway committees and boards. Judy earned a Master of Science degree in Environmental Engineering from The University of Tennessee and a Bachelor of Science from Auburn University.