2 Days, 13 Instructional Hours
13 Professional Development Hours (Engineering PDHs)
Refresh your auditing techniques and gain an understanding of how to audit to the new requirements of the IATF 16949:2016 and ISO 9001:2015 standard requirements.
Prerequisites: Registrant must be an ISO/TS 16949:2009 Internal Auditor.
This course is designed for existing ISO/TS 16949:2009 Quality Management System Internal Auditors. Our experienced instructor, will discuss the new requirements, facilitate hands-on exercises, and provide guidance on how to audit to the new IATF 16949:2016 and ISO 9001:2015 requirements. These two documents in conjunction with customer specific requirements (CSRs) define the fundamental quality management system requirements for automotive suppliers. IATF 16949 is not a stand-alone quality management system standard; therefore, it must be audited in conjunction with ISO 9001:2015 and the CSRs. By attending this two-day course you will be capable of:
- Identifying and understanding the key changes between ISO/TS 16949:2009 and IATF 16949:2016 and ISO 9001:2015
- Understanding the link between OEM customer-specific requirements and IATF 16949:2016 requirements
- Understanding the link between IATF 16949:2016 and the core tools (FMEA, PPAP, MSA, APQP, SPC, Control Plans)
- Understanding how the key changes will impact existing approaches to auditing
- Understanding how to audit to the new requirements of the standard
- Applying methodologies for auditing the key new requirements of Context of the Organization, Risk-Based Thinking, Organizational Knowledge, Process Approach and the Plan, Do, Check, Act cycle
- Planning an audit program and process-specific audits
- Preparing for the audit by developing effective process diagrams and checklists
- Performing the audits to gather objective evidence through observation, interviewing and sampling of documents and records
- Reporting audit findings accurately to help your organization improve
- Providing exceptional audit documentation
Each participant will receive a training manual and a copy of the IATF 16949:2016 and the ISO 9001:2015 standard.
Who Should Attend:
This course is designed for existing ISO/TS 16949:2009 Internal Auditors.