2 days, 14 instructional hours
14 MESH (Manager of Environmental Safety and Health) Hours
14 Engineering Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
For location details and single session availability:</strong
This workshop covers the scope of ISO 14001:2015 and helps you acquire the skills to conduct a successful internal audit of an environmental management system (EMS). When the workshop is delivered on-site, an audit of your company’s EMS is included.
Our experienced instructor, will discuss, in-depth, the ISO 14001:2015 EMS standard requirements, highlighting changes from the old 2004 standard. A variety of exercises, will be conducted to provide guidance on how to audit to the ISO 14001:2015 requirements. During this course you will receive real-life experience while working as a member of a functioning audit team during the workshop. By attending this two-day course you will be capable of:
- Explaining the ISO 14001:2015 EMS requirements
- Discovering areas for improvement of leadership business strategy as it relates to environmental management
- Applying methodologies for auditing to key new requirements of leadership, and expanding the definition of environmental aspects to include product life cycle
- Discussing the purpose of an EMS and explain the benefits
- Identify typical gaps for companies transitioning from the 2004 to the 2015 standard
- Applying the concepts of risk-based thinking
- Contributing to the development of your organization’s ISO 14001:2015 implementation
- Defining and articulating basic EMS terminology
- Explaining how to build an EMS
- Planning, preparing and performing internal audits
- Generating audit findings that will help the organization improve
Each participant will receive a training manual and copy of the ISO 14001:2015 standard. Participants will also receive a certificate of completion with instructional hours.
Who Should Attend:
ISO 14001:2015 Overview is not a prerequisite for this workshop. This course is designed for individuals who are seeking to become an ISO 14001:2015 Internal Auditor.
If you are NOT looking to become an ISO 14001:2015 EMS Internal Auditor and seeking to gain a fundamental understanding of ISO 14001:2015, please register for the ISO 14001:2015 Overview. These workshops can also be delivered onsite, and can include an audit of your company’s EMS.