1 day, 6.5 instructional hours
6.5 Engineering Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
Putting Your Customers First: ISO 9001:2015
Do your customers expect you to:
- Improve customer satisfaction?
- Provide high quality products and services, free of defects?
- Deliver products and services on time, every time?
- Identify risks in your processes to proactively address potential issues?
- Reduce operating costs to become more efficient?
- Continually improve to ensure the process are effective?
Would you like more credibility for your organization? Certification to ISO 9001:2015 could help by ensuring your products and services meet the expectations of your customers. Whether your organization is currently certified to ISO 9001:2008 and needs to transition to ISO 9001:2015 or if your organization is contemplating getting initial certification to ISO 9001:2015 this one-day overview will provide you the understanding of what is required to accomplish that goal. This standard is based on a number of quality management principles including a strong focus on customer satisfaction, top management, process approach, risk-based thinking and continual improvement. Being certified to ISO 9001:2015 helps ensure that customers get consistent, good quality products and services on time, which in turn brings many business benefits. This course is designed to provide an understanding of the requirements of the standard; help you identify gaps in your current system; and understand the transition or implementation process. An experienced instructor will discuss the new requirements, facilitate hands-on exercises, and provide guidance on how to transition to ISO 9001:2015 or get started on your ISO journey.
Benefits to Your Business
- Enhanced customer satisfaction that can lead to increased revenue
- Identified roles and responsibilities that provide better communication
- Increased productivity and efficiency brings internal costs down
- Reduced statutory and regulatory compliance issues saves on fines
- Increased emphasis on risks reduces potential defects
- Expand into new markets as some sectors require ISO 9001 certification
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Discuss the purpose of a quality management system (QMS)
- Explain the benefits of a QMS for your organization
- Understand the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 and the differences between ISO 9001:2008
- Identify the gaps between ISO 9001:2015 and your current QMS
- Apply the concepts of risk-based thinking, process approach and PDCA
- Contribute to the development of your organization’s 2015 transition or implementation plan
- ISO 9001:2015 purpose and background
- ISO 9001:2015 requirements and high level structure
- Risk-based thinking
- Process approach
- Plan, Do, Check, Act cycle
- Documented information
- Organizational knowledge
- Transition or implementation Planning
Who Should Attend
- Senior management responsible for the effectiveness of the QMS
- Process owners who are responsible for ensuring the requirements are met
- Consultants who will guide companies through transition or implementation
- Organizations that are currently certified to ISO 9001:2008
- Organizations currently developing systems for certification to ISO 9001
- Employees who will be on the transition to or implementation team for ISO 9001:2015
- Existing internal and external auditors who will be auditing to ISO 9001:2015
- Anyone interested the differences between ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 9001:2008