1 Day, 6.5 Instructional Hours
6.5 Engineering Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
In this course, you will learn the major changes that were introduced in the new version of ISO 9001. This will allow your organization to consider these changes as opportunities to enhance your Quality Management System (QMS) continued customer satisfaction and improvement. The transition period for currently certified organizations will be explained.
Prerequisites: Understanding of ISO 9001:2008 is required.
Our experienced instructor will discuss the new requirements, facilitate hands-on exercises, and provide guidance on how to transition to ISO 9001:2015. Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the requirements and structure of ISO 9001:2015
- Identify the gaps between ISO 9001:2015 and your current QMS
- Assess the overall impact on your current quality management system
- Understand the new clause structure of Annex SL
- Understand requirements for documented information
- Identify steps to implement the concepts of risk-based thinking, organizational knowledge, process approach and Plan, Do, Check, Act cycle
- Recognize the opportunity to make your quality management a strategic function within your organization
- Determine the implications of the new requirements on management and internal auditors
- Contribute to the development of a transition plan to achieve and maintain certification to ISO 9001:2015
Each participant will receive a training manual and a copy of the ISO 9001:2015 standard.
Who Should Attend:
Participants finding this course beneficial include those in organizations that are currently certified to ISO 9001:2008 and looking to transition to ISO 9001: 2015. In addition, this course would be essential to:
- Senior management responsible for the effectiveness of the QMS
- Employees assisting organizations with their transition to ISO 9001:2015
- Management representatives, operations managers, process owners, and consultants responsible for ensuring the requirements are met