- Professionals in new product or process development.
- Any professional who is seeking a fundamental understanding of how to design, improve or deploy Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) methods.
- Experienced professionals with extensive demonstrated Six Sigma experience.
- Anyone with an interest in the subject matter. Six Sigma certification is not required to attend.
- Project Selection, Project Charter
Capturing the Voice of the Customer (VOC)
VOC laboratory exercise
- Translate VOC into design specifications
- Design specification laboratory exercise
- Concept generation
- Concept selection
- Statistical hypothesis testing using Minitab™/JMP™ software
- Detailed design process
- Design capability analysis
- Experimental design (DOE) for product design
- Process simulation techniques
- Detailed design laboratory exercise
- Introduction to reliability and tolerance design
- Transferring design to manufacturing
- Manufacturing assembly laboratory exercise
JMP™ is the preferred software for this course. Minitab™ may be used, however it may have limited functionality on some topic areas. Free trial software is available or you may purchase software for an additional fee.
- Participants must have a Gap Analysis of current new product development process to bring to class.
- Participants must bring a PC laptop to class each day.
- Participants will be in a laboratory setting designing a new product using DFSS tools. Participants seeking additional theoretical depth in specific tools will be directed to other classes, such as Design of Experiments (DOE), Reliability, and Mistake Proofing.
- Participants are encouraged to bring relevant data to class.
Please call the Office of Professional Development at 919-515-2261 for questions or to be put on a waiting list for this course.