3.5 Days, 26 Instructional Hours
26 MESH Hours (Manager of Environmental Safety and Health)
26 PDHs (Professional Development Hours for Engineers)
This course is eligible for credit towards the Safety & Health Fundamentals Certificate.
About This Course:
This course covers the requirements for the establishment, maintenance, and monitoring of a respiratory protection program.
Upon course completion students will have the ability to identify and describe the elements of a respiratory protection program, the proper selection, use, and inspection of respiratory protection, protection factors, and evaluate compliance with OSHA Standards.
Safety and health professionals and those personnel responsible for implementing a respiratory protection program.
- Describe elements of a respiratory protection program
- Select proper respiratory protective equipment
- Understand qualitative and quantitative fit testing
- Implement the correct use of respiratory protection and support equipment
- Respirator terminology
- OSHA Respiratory Protection Standards
- NIOSH certification
- Respiratory protection programs
- Medical evaluation requirements
Note: Participation in the qualitative fit testing workshop requires medical approval to wear a half-mask air-purifying respirator. The required form will be provided to you prior to the class and must be signed and returned as instructed.