4 Days, 30 Instructional Hours
30 MESH Hours (Manager of Environmental Safety and Health)
30 PDHs (Professional Development Hours for Engineers)
This course is eligible for credit towards the Safety & Health Fundamentals Certificate.
About This Course:
This course is designed to provide participants with the ability to conduct an electrical safety inspection according to OSHA and consensus standards, in order to keep the workplace free of electrical hazards. During this 4-day course, students receive a thorough overview of electrical installations and electrical testing equipment with emphasis on safety-related work practices, electrical hazard recognition, OSHA policies and procedures, and the National Electrical Code.
- Recognize the hazards of electricity
- Apply fundamentals of electricity
- Explain electrical equipment functionality
- Assess electrical safety related work practice conditions
- Apply OSHA and consensus electrical standards
- Recognize elements of power generation, transmission and distribution
- Electrical fundamentals and hazards of electricity
- Branch circuits and wiring
- Equipment grounding and ground-fault circuit interrupters
- Single-and three-phase systems
- Hazardous locations
- Electrical safety-related work practices
- Personal protective equipment
- OSHA 1910 Subpart S
- OSHA 1926 Subpart K
- NFPA 70E
There will also be an electrical lab as part of this course.