4 Days, 30 Instructional Hours
30 MESH Hours (Manager of Environmental Safety and Health)
30 PDHs (Professional Development Hours for Engineers)
This course is eligible for credit towards the Safety & Health Fundamentals Certificate.
This course addresses industrial hygiene practices and related OSHA regulations and procedures. Given the responsibility to provide a workplace that complies with OSHA’s Industrial Hygiene standards, the participant will be able to recognize potential health hazards in accordance with OSHA’s occupational health standards and guidelines. The course features workshops in health hazard recognition, OSHA health standards and a safety and health program workshop.
This course is recommended for staff designated with the responsibility of managing safety and health in the workplace, safety committee members, and other personnel responsible with the responsibility of minimizing health hazards in the workplace.
- Recognize basic industrial hygiene principles
- Identify methods to evaluate potential air contaminants
- Identify other health hazards such as noise, biological agents, musculoskeletal disorders
- Recognize methods to control health hazards
- Permissible Exposure Limits and 29 CFR 1910.1000
- Air sampling methods
- OSHA health standards
- Engineering and administrative controls
- Respiratory protection and personal protective equipment
- Industrial ventilation principles