Update for Disaster Site Worker Trainer Course
1 day, 7.5 Instructional Hours
7.5 MESH Hours (Manager of Environmental Safety and Health)
About This Course:
This course is intended to update the authorized Disaster Site Worker trainer with new technical and regulatory information related to disaster response and the role of OSHA in coordinating occupational safety and health in the National Response Framework. Participants will have the opportunity to share “lessons learned” from teaching the Disaster Site Worker Course.
Currently Authorized Disaster Site Worker Trainers are required to attend this course once every four years to maintain trainer status.
- Trainers must submit a copy (front & back) of their current trainer card to OTIprerequisite@ncsu.edu at the time of registration.
Trainers have a 90-day grace period after their expiration to take the OSHA #5602 update class. Beyond 90 days, trainers must re-take the OSHA #5600 Trainer Course. Please note, during the 90-day grace period, instructors are no longer authorized to conduct the Disaster Site Worker Course and will not be able to request student completion cards.
Currently authorized OSHA Disaster Site Worker Outreach Trainers who have previously completed the OSHA #5600 or OSHA #5602 and need to renew their trainer status.
- Discuss new technical and regulatory information related to disaster response
- Review the role of OSHA in coordinating occupational safety and health in the National Response Framework
- Demonstrate their ability to effectively deliver OSHA disaster site worker training
- Disaster Work Zone Safety
- Respiratory Protection Update
- Communication Issues
- Maintaining Wellness