4 days, 30 Instructional Hours
30 MESH Hours (Manager of Environmental Safety and Health)
This course is eligible for credit towards OSHA’s Public Sector Certificate.
About This Course:
This course covers OSHA Construction and General Industry Standards relating to the on-shore oil and gas exploration and production industry. Participants will develop the knowledge and skills to anticipate, recognize, evaluate and control hazards common to work sites including, but not limited to construction, drilling, completion, well servicing, production, product gathering and processing, and product transmission
This course is intended for employees and employers engaged in all phases of on-shore oil and gas exploration and production, including first line supervisors, experienced individuals in skilled lead positions and field workers.
- Identify hazards associated with the oil and gas industry
- Apply OSHA standards, policies, and procedures to the oil and gas industry
- Identify methods to control and abate hazards
- Oil and gas exploration and production processes, and associated hazards
- Personal protective equipment
- Emergency action plans at oil and gas worksites
- Fall protection systems
There is no OSHA Outreach Trainer program for the oil and gas industry. This course does not meet any prerequisites for other OSHA Outreach Trainer courses in Construction, General Industry, Maritime or Disaster Site.