1 day, 7.5 Instructional Hours
7.5 MESH Hours (Manager of Environmental Safety and Health)
This course is eligible for credit towards OSHA’s Public Sector Certificate.
About This Course:
This course covers OSHA ergonomic guidelines for safe patient handling and methods to protect workers in all healthcare settings. Using OSHA’s Ergonomics Guidelines for Nursing Homes as a basis for any healthcare facility, this course focuses on analyzing and identifying ergonomic hazards and practical solutions to address these issues.
The intended audience is the healthcare facility administrator, safety officer and/or human resource personnel designated with the responsibility to develop an ergonomics process.
- Be able to apply “OSHA’s Ergonomics Guidelines for Nursing Homes” in their healthcare facility
- Identify, analyze and develop solutions for ergonomic risk factors in healthcare
- Developing an ergonomic work process
- Risk factors in patient handling and transfers
- Identifying work processes with the potential for musculoskeletal injuries and illnesses
- Protocol for resident and patient assessment
- Implementing solutions including work practices and engineering controls