1 day, 7.5 Instructional Hours
7.5 MESH Hours (Manager of Environmental Safety and Health)
7.5 PDHs (Professional Development Hours for Engineers)
This course is eligible for credit towards the Safety & Health Fundamentals Certificate.
For location details and single session availability:
About This Course:
This course covers the hazards and injuries likely to occur in public warehousing and storage operations, including encounters with powered industrial trucks, material handling, lifting and ergonomics, hazard communication, walking and working surfaces, and life safety including fire protection and evacuation.
The intended audience is the small employer, business owner, warehouse employee or a representative (e.g. line supervisor or site manager) designated with the responsibility for developing safe procedures during warehousing and storage operations.
- Discover hazards in warehousing and storage operations
- Identify methods to control and abate these hazards
- Powered industrial trucks
- Materials Handling
- Hazard Communication
- Exit Routes, Emergency Action Plans and Fire Prevention Plans
- Guarding Floor and Wall Openings