7.5 MESH Hours (Manager of Environmental Safety and Health)
7.5 PDHs (Professional Development Hours for Engineers)This course is eligible for credit towards the Safety & Health Fundamentals Certificate.For location details and single session availability:
This course covers OSHA requirements for emergency action and fire protection plans. Upon course completion students will have the ability to list the elements of an emergency action plan and emergency evacuation floor plans, recognize violations of OSHA exit route requirements, determine whether their organization requires an emergency action plan, and develop and implement workplace emergency action and fire protection plans.
This course is designed for small employers or a designated representative such as a safety specialist, line supervisor or manager responsible for developing an emergency action plan.
- Identify the need and the process for developing an emergency action plan
- Describe options for providing for fire, rescue, and medical services
- Recognize the requirements for an exit route
- Purpose and requirements of emergency action and fire prevention plans
- Integration of emergency plan concepts
- Design and maintenance of emergency exit routes