1 Day, 7.5 Instructional Hours
7.5 MESH Hours (Manager of Environmental Safety and Health)
7.5 PDHs (Professional Development Hours for Engineers)
This course is eligible for credit towards the Safety & Health Fundamentals Certificate.
About This Course:
This course covers common health hazards that are encountered in the workplace including chemical, biological, physical and ergonomic hazards. Students participate in workshops on evaluation and abatement of workplace health hazards. Upon course completion students will have the ability to understand common health hazards in the workplace and methods for controlling and abating these hazards.
This course is designed for small employers or a designated representative such as a safety specialist, line supervisor or manager responsible for identifying health hazards in the workplace. The training is also suitable for employees and employee representatives.
Identify four types of health hazards that are present in the workplace
- Discuss techniques to recognize health hazards
- Describe tools and methods to evaluate health hazards
- Discuss measures to control exposure to health hazards
- Describe OSHA resources that available to assist employers and employees in finding information about health hazards
Identification and evaluation of health hazards and their sources of exposure
- Health hazard information
- Engineering and work practice controls