1 Day, 7.5 Instructional Hours
7.5 MESH Hours (Manager of Environmental Safety and Health)
7.5 PDHs (Professional Development Hours for Engineers)
This course is eligible for credit towards the Safety & Health Fundamentals Certificate.
About This Event:
This course covers the development and implementation of controls and strategies to prevent or mitigate silica exposures in construction, maritime, and general industries.
Anyone in any industry that has exposure to, works with, or supervises workers with potential exposure to respirable crystalline silica.
- Review of OSHA’s respirable crystalline silica standards in the construction, maritime and general industries
- Effects of silica exposure
- Control methods to minimize silica exposure
- Describe the requirements of OSHA’s respirable crystalline silica standards
- Recognize the hazards and risks associated with silica
- Identify assessment options and exposure control measures associated with silica exposure.