1 day, 7.5 Instructional Hours
7.5 MESH Hours (Manager of Environmental Safety and Health)
About This Course:
This course will provide participants with information about the process for transitioning to safer chemicals, as well as the key methods, tools, and databases that can assist in this process. Using OSHA’s seven-step substitution planning process, participants will be guided through evaluating chemical use, identifying and assessing alternatives, and implementing those safer alternatives.
This course is ideal for purchasing staff, maintenance supervisors, facility managers, and workers who utilize or manage hazardous chemicals at their worksites.
- Identify methods to examine current chemical use and identify alternatives to hazardous chemicals and processes
- Describe a strategy for selecting and implementing a safer alternative
- Build a Team and Create a Plan
- Examine Current Chemical Use
- Identify Alternatives
- Compare Alternatives
- Select Safer Alternatives
- Pilot and Implement Alternative
Participants are encouraged to bring a laptop computer in order to participate in the classroom group activities.