1 Day, 7.5 Instructional Hours
7.5 MESH Hours (Manager of Environmental Safety and Health)
7.5 PDHs (Professional Development Hours for Engineers)
This course is eligible for credit towards OSHA’s Public Sector Certificate.
About this Event:
Most construction jobs involve high levels of noise and this course builds on OSHA’s efforts to reduce occupational hearing loss in the construction industry through the evaluation and reduction of noise hazards. Classroom demonstrations of noise instrumentation and hearing protection devices are featured.
This course will benefit construction employers or any representative (e.g., line supervisor or manager) designated with the responsibility to develop a construction noise program.
- Identify the properties of sound and its relationship to noise-induced hearing loss, and hearing protection usage
- Learn how to conduct sound level surveys
- Locate and discuss the training requirements for workers
- OSHA Construction Noise Standards
- Properties of Sound
- Noise-Induced Hearing Loss
- Measuring Noise
- Noise Exposure Control
- Selection and Use of Hearing Protection
- Worker Training