1 day, 7.5 Instructional Hours
7.5 MESH Hours (Manager of Environmental Safety and Health)
This course is eligible for credit towards OSHA’s Public Sector Certificate.
About This Course:
This course covers the roles and responsibilities of the employer to educate and assign a competent person to excavation sites and arm that person with the knowledge to perform the work properly. Course topics include understanding and applying definitions relating to the OSHA Excavation Standard (Subpart P), excavation hazards and control measures, soil analysis techniques, protective system requirements and emergency response.
The intended audience is the construction employer, manager, employee or employee representative who, as part of a safety and health program, would be acting as and fulfilling the requirements of a competent person for excavation work as described in the OSHA construction safety standard for excavations (29CFR1926 Subpart P).
- Understand the importance and duties of a competent person in excavation work
- Gain the knowledge and skills required to perform these duties
- Introduction to Competency
- Specific Excavation Requirements (29 CFR 1926.651)
- Requirements for Protective Systems & Soil Classification
- Emergency Planning & Response