1 day, 7.5 Instructional Hours
7.5 MESH Hours (Manager of Environmental Safety and Health)
This course is eligible for credit towards OSHA’s Public Sector Certificate.
About This Course:
This course covers the requirements to manage excavation/trenching operations. The course will include an understanding of the OSHA excavation requirements, excavation/trenching hazards, and control measures. Additionally, participants will learn about soil analysis techniques and protective system requirements. At the conclusion of this course, participants will understand how to manage excavation/trenching operations.
The intended audience is the construction employer, manager, employee or employee representative who, as part of a safety and health program, would be acting as and fulfilling the requirements of a competent person for excavation work as described in the OSHA construction safety standard for excavations (29CFR1926 Subpart P).
- Understand the importance and duties of a competent person in excavation work
- Gain the knowledge and skills required to perform these duties
- Introduction to Competency
- Specific Excavation Requirements (29 CFR 1926.651)
- Requirements for Protective Systems & Soil Classification
- Emergency Planning & Response