1 Day, 7.5 Instructional Hours
7.5 MESH Hours (Manager of Environmental Safety and Health)
7.5 PDHs (Professional Development Hours for Engineers)
This course is eligible for credit towards the Safety & Health Fundamentals Certificate.
This one-day course features information on effective strategies for implementing a safety and health management system in the workplace. The focus of this one-day workshop is the effective implementation of a company’s safety and health management system. The workshop addresses the seven elements of an effective safety and health system and those central issues that are critical to each element’s proper management. Interactive assignments and thought-provoking group projects enable participants to walk away with a strong understanding of how their organizations can start benefiting from implementing a safety and health management system for their company.
- Explain the benefits of implementing a safety and health management system.
- Identify the core elements of an effective safety and health program.
- Describe the key processes in each program element.
- Overview of a Safety and Health Management System
- OSHA’s guidelines for a Safety and Health Management System
- Management Leadership
- Worker Participation
- Worksite Analysis and Hazard Identification
- Hazard Prevention and Control
- Education and Training
- Program Evaluation
- Coordinating with Host Employers, Contractors and Staffing Agencies