1 Day, 7.5 Instructional Hours
7.5 MESH Hours (Manager of Environmental Safety and Health)
7.5 PDHs (Professional Development Hours for Engineers)
This course is eligible for credit towards the Safety & Health Fundamentals Certificate.
This one-day course features information on effective strategies for implementing a safety and health management system in the workplace, with special emphasis on the OHSAS 18001 standard for Occupational Safety and Health Assessment Series. Interactive assignments and thought-provoking group projects enable participants to walk away with a strong understanding of how their organizations can start benefiting from implementing a safety and health management system for their company.
- Explain the benefits of implementing a safety and health management system.
- Identify the core elements of an effective safety and health program.
- Describe the key processes in each program element.
- Overview of a Safety and Health Management System
- OSHA’s guidelines for a Safety and Health Management System
- Management Leadership
- Worker Participation
- Worksite Analysis and Hazard Identification
- Hazard Prevention and Control
- Education and Training
- Program Evaluation
- Coordinating with Host Employers, Contractors and Staffing Agencies