1 day, 7.5 Instructional Hours
7.5 MESH Hours (Manager of Environmental Safety and Health)
7.5 PDHs (Professional Development Hours for Engineers)
This course is eligible for credit towards the Safety & Health Fundamentals Certificate.
About This Course:
This course provides an introduction to basic accident investigation procedures and describes accident analysis techniques. The goal of this course is to help participants gain the basic skills necessary to conduct an effective accident investigation at their workplace. The course is a facilitated, interactive training session focusing on class discussion, case studies and group activities.
Small businesses and managers or staff designated with the responsibility of investigating accidents or near misses in the workplace. This may include supervisory staff, safety committee members, and other personnel responsible for safety.
- Recognize the benefits of an effective investigation for accidents and near misses in the workplace
- Identify the six-step accident investigation procedure
Practice methods for accident investigation through case studies, group activities and discussion
- Primary reasons and benefits for conducting an effective accident investigation
- Six-step accident investigation procedure
- Preserving and documenting an Accident Scene
- Witness Interview Techniques
- Root Cause Analysis
- Developing Correction Action Recommendations