3 Days, 19.5 Instructional Hours
This course is eligible for credit towards Manager of Plastics Processing Certificate Program (MMP).
About this Course:
This 3 Day Advanced Scientific Processing Workshop is designed to provide students with valuable hands-on machine time to reinforce the methodologies they have learned in the Fundamentals of Injection Molding or the RJG Systematic Molding classes. Attendees will acquire the knowledge they need to dissect a process, rebuild the process using data driven methodologies, improve on it and document the return on investment, or indicate potential improvement areas using the current condition of the machine and mold.
The results will vary class to class depending on your machine and mold conditions, but the end result will be the most robust process possible with the current conditions. The instructor will give recommendations on ways to further improve the process by improving the condition of a machine, mold or procedures that may be hindering performance.
- Machine Qualification Tests
- Load sensitivity
- Pressure response
- Injection speed linearity
- Clamp/Mold deflection study
- Perform a dynamic check ring repeatability test
- Mold Performance Requirements & Identify Mold Weaknesses
- Pressure loss test
- Perform a gate seal study to determine optimal hold time
- Identify the cavity balance at all injection speeds
- Create a temperature map of the mold
- Validate Machine & Mold Capabilities
- Build and document a robust Scientific Method Process and with the current machine and mold conditions
Facility and manufacturing personnel in the plastics processing industry who are currently seeking or plan to obtain a MPP certificate.
The Fundamentals of Injection Molding or RJG Systematic Molding class must be successfully completed prior to participating in the Advanced Scientific Processing Workshop.
You may also be interested in our RJG Math for Molders course which may be on our schedule the day before your Systematic Molding class and the Fundamentals of Injection Molding.
The registrations for this course is managed by the Polymer Center of Excellence located in Charlotte, NC if you have further questions about this course you may contact them at 1-704-602-4100.