1 Day, 6.5 Instructional Hours
This course is eligible for credit towards Manager of Plastics Processing Certificate Program (MMP).
About This Course:
This course is an introduction to the process of plastics injection molding and is designed for technicians, process engineers, design engineers, quality auditors, supervisors, and design project managers. Choosing the right plastic for an application is often a daunting task. When one considers all the polymer families, the available fillers, reinforcements, modifiers, and the various manufactures there are literally thousands of grades to choose from.
This course will help to de-mystify the resin suppliers Material Datasheets and give the student confidence in choosing the right material. The primary focus of this course is on injection molded applications although other processes are mentioned.
- Develop focus through an extensive discussion of the attributes of each of the major polymer families including the most common material properties and test methods used in the plastics industry.
- Understanding the Various Fillers and Additives
- Understanding a Material Data Sheet
- Understanding the various Test Methods and Results
- Why Use Plastic?
- Advantages and disadvantages of plastics
- Molecular Structure of plastics
- Thermoset Polymers
- Thermoplastic Polymers
Facility and manufacturing personnel in the plastics processing industry who are currently seeking or plan to obtain a MPP certificate.
This course has no prerequisites.
The registrations for this course is managed by the Polymer Center of Excellence located in Charlotte, NC if you have further questions about this course you may contact them at 1-704-602-4100.