3 Days, 19.5 Instructional Hours
About this Course:
This 3 Day Systematic Molding is an introduction course for anyone who wants to develop a systematic approach to molding at their facility FROM THE PLASTIC’S POINT OF VIEW (as opposed to the traditional Machine’s point of view).
- Leave this course with a better understanding of how to develop a machine independent process,
- Know how to make data driven improvements to existing processes, as well as how to effectively trouble-shoot using scientific and systematic approaches.
- Understand the cause and effect relationships between the machine, process, mold, and material as well as how and why polymer behavior is influenced. This will allow them to make informed decisions for lasting solutions instead of “band-aid” fixes to the process.
- Mold and Part Design Considerations
- The Four Plastic Variables of Injection Molding
- The Molding System
- The Molding Problem, Simply Stated
- Process Control from the Plastics Point of View
- Introduction to Instrumentation Strategies
- Introduction to Cavity Pressure Control
Facility and manufacturing personnel in the plastics processing industry.
On-machine practice and/or demonstration is not guaranteed for any public Systematic Molding course and is at the instructor’s discretion.
You may also be interested in our RJG Math for Molders course which may be on our schedule the day before your Systematic Molding class.
The registrations for this course is managed by the Polymer Center of Excellence located in Charlotte, NC if you have further questions about this course you may contact them at 1-704-602-4100.