0.5 days, 3 Instructional Hours
Performance Instruction and Training; 156 Byers Creek Road Mooresville, NC 28117
About this course:
This custom course is a hands-on simulation using a NASCAR style pit stop to allow Upper and Middle level manufacturing leaders to better understand the roles of supporting a continuous improvement culture. 5 rounds of pit stops are used to progressively work the participants through the process of utilizing Value Stream Mapping and Rapid Improvement Events to align strategic goals and achieve bottom line results.
The Pit Stop exercises allow us to create a “”no paradigm”” atmosphere to allow the participant to focus on the learning the improvement process and apply what they learn in the next round of the simulation.
At the end, we have a collaborative discussion on how to apply back at the plant. Interacting with other leaders in the exercises allows the participants to share key concepts and best practices.
- Upper level managers
- Middle level managers
- Continuous Improvement leaders
- Learn a structured process for creating a culture of continuous improvement
- Use a combination of classroom education and experiential learning to gain applied knowledge of lean implementation
- Discover the impact and importance of a value-added culture mindset
- Create alignment between strategic goals and the activities of employees to reduce waste and improve operational metrics
Topics to be covered:
- Focused Continuous Improvement
- Value Stream Mapping (VSM)
- Rapid Improvement Events (RIE)
- Employee Involvement / Culture of Waste Reduction