1 day, 7 Instructional Class Hours
1/2 day, Free Tour (register separately – see below)
Does your lean need reviving? Is your lean limping along, missing its potential for greater efficiency and profitability? NC State’s Lean experts have created a workshop to help you reinvigorate your Lean program using the Shingo Model.
Day One of this event will immerse you into Lean fundamentals, guidelines, and criteria and give you the foundation you need to inspire and lead your group, plant, hospital, company, or military unit to world-class performance. Click “Register Online” on the right column to register for the class.
Day Two is a tour of the Shingo Ready Plant, Thermo Fisher Scientific, the world leader in serving science. Thermo Fisher Scientific, located in Asheville, NC, has built an integrated lean system pulling together resources in all areas to create an efficient, high-quality manufacturing process. This free tour is available on a pre-registration/pre-approval basis. Register seperately for the tour (only).
- Become familiar with the Shingo model, guidelines, and criteria and how they can transition your organization to a sustainable lean system
- Learn the correct questions to ask in your environment to successfully navigate the Shingo process
- Understand the cultural aspects of continuous improvement, ownership and employee empowerment to continuously improve their work zones
- Review the structured approach to the “Shingo Path to Excellence”
- Tour the Thermo Fisher Scientific Asheville plant, a Shingo Ready Plant on March 4, 2015, 9:00 am – 11:00 am.
Leaders starting a lean transformation, from upper-level managers to production engineers to plant managers, will benefit from learning how the Shingo approach can increase efficiency, increase effectiveness, and improve productivity. The practical approach will also benefit employees on the front lines of continuous improvement, such as front-line supervisors, lean facilitators, and quality managers.
- Shingo overview
- Shingo Model Review: Tools, Systems, and Principles, with practice exercises using an actual Shingo application
- Shingo Guidelines Review, with practice exercises using an actual Shingo application
- After the Transformation: Shingo Prize process overview