As a research and evaluation team affiliated with the Industry Expansion Solutions unit and the College of Engineering, our organization’s core values are:
Integrity: Do the right thing – always!
Innovative Solutions: We foster creative talent to deliver high impact solutions to drive success.
Customer first: We uphold a culture of exceptional service.
Pursuit of Excellence: We partner to achieve measurable economic impacts for North Carolina and beyond.
- Develop and submit RFP responses
- Communicate regularly with clients
- Develop budgets and budget justifications
- Develop reports in a timely manner
- Adhere to official evaluation standards
- Perform evaluations ethically
- Respect to all stakeholders involved
- Make research contributions to the field of study
- Provide a detailed overview of the program
- Identify stakeholder data/evaluation needs and addresses during evaluation
- Seek input on the evaluation along the way
- Understand organizational cultures, politics and change theory
Reflective and Systemic Inquiry
- Develop evaluation questions aligned to the project work plan
- Understand and apply quantitative and qualitative methods
- Provide evaluation comments, strengths, limitations and opportunities
- Resolve conflict
- Engage in constructive conversations and interactions
- Provide written and verbal feedback
- Solicit feedback on the evaluation process as a whole
Adapted from King et. Al 2001 Evaluation Competency Framework