Export Education – Export 201 Webinar
October 24, 2023 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Have you ever wondered if there is a better way to export or import and save your business money? Did you realize that just putting as little as $1 on a commercial invoice for customs purposes on “samples” really isn’t the proper way to value your shipments?
The Export 201 webinar will help you be in full compliance with a whole host of US export and import regulations. You will know the proper standards by which to determine origin and begin to label the origin of your items. Most companies are using the incorrect values on their commercial invoices, EEI’s and other documents to “help” a foreign customer.
You will also learn how to properly handle valuations on drop shipments, samples, warranties, repairs and replacements for customs purposes. Attend and learn about the FCPA and Successor Liability and how this affects you.
Topics covered in this webinar include:
- Understanding the six ways to Export/Import Duty Free
- Learning about tools that can save you duty as well as taxes overseas
- Determining the Country of Origin vs. Marking the Origin
- Exporting samples, warranties, repairs and replacements
- Proper customs valuation as well as transfer pricing with related parties
- Three drop shipment scenarios with proper customs values and documents
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA)
- Successor Liability and how it affects you
- Best practices of successful companies
Contact: Joyce Spivey