- This event has passed.
North Carolina Defense Manufacturing Support Community Program Innovator Showcase
June 27, 2022 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
In 2021, the Department of Defense’s (DoD) Office of Local Defense Community Cooperation (OLDCC) awarded North Carolina State University Industry Expansion Solutions (IES) one of five grants under the Defense Manufacturing Community Support Program (NC DMCSP). The NC DMCSP aims to make long-term investments in critical skills, facilities, workforce development, research and development, and advanced textiles/autonomous wearables and targeted infrastructure technologies to support the survivability, performance, and lethality of warfighters and warfighter systems.
By continuously expanding the number of collaborating organizations (government, academia, defense manufacturing institutes, advocacy groups, manufacturers and innovators/entrepreneurs), the NC DMCSP will increase the collective capacity of the state to respond to DoD modernization priorities.
On June 27, the First Flight Venture Center will showcase six innovators who graduated from the DMCSP Propeller Pre-Accelerator Program. Building on the insights from this 6-week course, they will demonstrate their smart textile & wearable concepts for the purposes of determining potential markets and communicating the value of their ideas to support the survivability, performance and lethality of the warfighter. These projects include wearable technologies, smart textiles, and advanced materials. Each company will share its design and explain why they believe its product has the potential to impact the warfighter positively.
Are you interested in attending and previewing these innovative ideas? Contact Michael Mullins, Director of North Carolina Defense Industry Diversification Initiative (NCDIDI) at firstname.lastname@example.org
Program partners include:
- North Carolina Manufacturing Extension Partnership (NCMEP) ncmep.org
- RTI International (RTI) rti.org
- North Carolina Center for Optimizing Military Performance (NC-COMP) rti.org/centers/optimizing-military-performance
- North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University (NC A&T) ncat.edu
- Manufacturing & Textile Innovation Network (MTIN) mtinusa.com
- Center for Advanced Self-Powered Systems of Integrated Sensors and Technologies (ASSIST) assistcenter.org
- Emerging Technology Institute (ETI) eticommunity.com
- First Flight Venture Center (FFVC) and Hangar6 ffvcnc.org/hangar6
- North Carolina Department of Commerce nccommerce.com
- North Carolina Military Business Center (NCMBC) ncmbc.us
- North Carolina Defense Technology Transition Office (DEFTECH) deftech.nc.gov
- Defense Alliance of North Carolina (DANC) defensealliancenc.org
- North Carolina Defense Industry Diversification Initiative (NCDIDI) ies.ncsu.edu/ncdidi
- NC State University Industry Expansion Solutions (IES) ies.ncsu.edu
- NC State Wilson College of Textiles textiles.ncsu.edu
- Advanced Functional Fabrics of America (AFFOA) affoa.org
- Manufacturing x Digital (MxD) mxdusa.org
- Advanced Robotics for Manufacturing (ARM) arminstitute.org
- BLDG-25 bldg-25.com