- This event has passed.
Practical Project Management Raleigh
May 8 @ 8:30 am - May 9 @ 4:30 pm$795
2 days, 13 Instructional Hours
13 Engineering Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
In today’s competitive business world, organizations are taking on an increasing number of projects without the luxury of increasing headcount. More and more, personnel from every industry, without fundamental project management skills, are being thrust into the role of project manager.
If you are one of these accidental project managers, Practical Project Management will give you fundamental project management tools so that you and your current staff/team can hit the floor, running. This course will give you the skills to effectively and efficiently manage and complete more projects, successfully, on time, and on budget.
This course is designed to help you work smarter and not harder. This can also be an excellent refresher for those who have already had project management training. During this two-day course you will learn how to:
- Define and meet project objectives, scope, schedule, and budget
- Plan, establish and maintain high-performing project teams with project schedules and critical paths
- Execute and coordinate team tasks, assignments and manage variances to plans
- Prepare a project charter and/or project A3
- Develop a work breakdown structure, sequence, and critical path
- Identify, evaluate, and manage project risks
- Monitor, control and facilitate effective team activities and manage communications
- Close and conduct final project reviews with stakeholders and customers
- Analyze lessons learned, replicate and improve, and celebrate
Each participant will receive a training manual.
Who Should Attend:
This course is recommended for anyone who wants to learn the basics of how to effectively manage projects.
While this course is aligned with the Project Management Institute’s A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), it is NOT designed to prepare participants to become certified in project management.