NC State IES administers the most comprehensive North Carolina manufacturing assistance program, anchored by the North Carolina Manufacturing Extension Partnership (NCMEP). The IES team of regional extension agents and experienced technical specialists are engaging and providing solutions to hundreds of manufacturers across the state. Some of our customized programs and resources for manufacturers include:
We also provide opportunities to connect and network with other North Carolina manufacturers with the MNC Network, the premier networking opportunity for North Carolina manufacturers to engage broadly with local, regional and statewide peer companies to benefit through the sharing of innovative ideas and best practices. Members have unlimited access to multiple channels of learning and contributing including enhanced content and services from the MNC manufacturers database.
Small Business Resources
- Business Link North Carolina (BLNC) – BLNC provides business consulting and referral services for businesses and industries of all sizes.
- N.C. Small Business Center Network (SBCN) – Operated through the Community College System, is the largest state-supported small business assistance program. Potential or current small business owners can take advantage of high-quality, readily accessible assistance that includes: free, confidential one-on-one business counseling services; resource and referral information for a variety of business needs; and high-impact seminars and classes available free of charge or for a minimal registration fee.
- N.C. Small Business and Technology Development Center (SBTDC) – Since 1984, the SBTDC has helped over 100,000 North Carolina business owners and prospective entrepreneurs make better decisions – often leading to increased revenue and employment. Our average established business client has experienced double-digit percentage increases in sales and employees soon after working with the SBTDC
- The Rural Center – The NC Rural Center’s mission is to develop, promote, and implement sound economic strategies to improve the quality of life of rural North Carolinians.
- Rural Works! – Rural Works! was created by a partnership between NC State Division of Academic and Student Affairs, the Office of Outreach and Engagement, and NC State Cooperative Extension to offering an engaging internship experience for high-caliber students who work with employers to achieve their workplace goals in rural North Carolina counties.