Here are some free options offered through the MESH Program Sponsors:
- The Southeastern OTI Education Center, in conjunction with a Susan Harwood Grant, is offering 2 sessions of a Fall Hazard Awareness in the Construction Industry for Youth Workers mini workshop worth 2 hours. The schedule and registration for those sessions are HERE and will take place in July/August 2018.
- NC Department of Labor offers Webinars and Classroom Courses – webinars are usually worth 1.5hr to 2hr and classroom courses range from 4 hours to 30 hours
- Safety & Health Council of North Carolina offers Safety 101 and Environment 101 free for its members – each class is worth 7 hours
Here are some free online options that could count towards your 25-hour maximum allowed from training providers that are not MESH Program Sponsors (these would go in the “Other” column in your MESH log):
- FEMA – IS-100.B: Introduction to Incident Command System, ICS-100 – 3 hours
- FEMA – S-200.HCA: Applying ICS to Healthcare Organizations – 3 hours
- FEMA – IS-5.A: An Introduction to Hazardous Materials – 10 hours