To earn OSHA’s certificate in Public Sector Safety & Health Fundamentals for General Industry, participants must complete a minimum of seven (7) courses, comprised of required and elective courses, that include a minimum of 68 instructional hours of training through OTI Education Center courses.
Required Courses for General Industry
Participants must complete ALL three (3) Required Courses as listed below for a minimum of 39 instructional hours of training:
- OSHA #511 Occupational Safety and Health Standards for General Industry (30 hours)
- OSHA #7500 Introduction to Safety and Health Management (7 hours)
- OSHA #7505 Introduction to Incident [Accident] Investigation (7.5 hours)
Elective Courses for General Industry
Participants must complete a minimum of four (4) Elective Courses from the General Industry list below, and include a minimum of 29 instructional hours of training:
- OSHA #3095 Electrical Standards (30 hours)
- OSHA #7300 Understanding OSHA’s Permit-Required Confined Space Standard (7.5 hours) OR OSHA #2264 Permit-Required Confined Space Entry (22 hours)
- OSHA #7000 OSHA Training Guidelines for Safe Patient Handling (7.5 hours) –NEW!
- OSHA #7005 Public Warehousing and Storage (7.5 hours)
- OSHA #7100 Introduction to Machinery and Machine Safeguarding or OSHA #2045 Machinery & Machine Guarding Standards
- OSHA #7105 Evacuation and Emergency Planning (7.5 hours)
- OSHA #7115 Lockout/Tagout (7.5 hours) –NEW!
- OSHA #7200 Bloodborne Pathogens Exposure Control for Healthcare Facilities (7.5 hours) –NEW!
- OSHA #7205 Health Hazard Awareness (7.5 hours)
- OSHA #7210 Pandemic Influenza Preparedness (7.5 hours) –NEW!
- OSHA #7845 Recordkeeping Rule Seminar (6.5 hours)
Contact us for more info about any of the courses listed above. Some courses may not currently be offered through the Southeastern OTI Education Center.