Organizations seeking insight toward improved performance and results have a ready-made pathway to success upon introduction to the Baldrige performance excellence criteria. Participants measure their journey through the framework and milestones that break down topics and management subjects in discrete parts of the entire Baldrige process.
The Baldrige journey milestones provide a measured pathway that supports building a solid foundation in the journey to performance excellence with a focus on continuous improvement based on results.
Milestone I: Collaborative Process
Involvement with the organization’s leadership is the beginning level for organizations with an interest in adopting and applying performance improvement principles.
Baldrige Performance Excellence Program experts provide coaching consisting of two days of on-site facilitation.
Participants will be able to:
- Understand the performance excellence journey by adopting the use of the Baldrige criteria as a framework for excellence.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Baldrige criteria through examination, interpretation, and applying it to their organization.
- Analyze the strengths and opportunities for improvement in the their organization for leadership, strategic planning, customer focus, measurement, analysis, and knowledge management, workforce focus, operations, focus and results.
- Prioritize by ranking the opportunities for improvement for their organization by Baldrige category.
At the end of the assessment the organization will receive:
- A prioritized list of opportunities for improvement, relative to the Baldrige Criteria for Performance Excellence Basic and Overall items.
- Written report of all opportunities for improvement and recommendations for continuing the performance excellence journey.
Milestone 2: Current State Analysis
The intermediate level for organizations that have demonstrated a commitment to the use of performance management principles.
The organization submits a document of their current state related to the Baldrige Performance Excellence Criteria for expert review. Organization submits their first Baldrige documentation of responses to the Baldrige Performance Excellence Criteria in a report format. This process helps the organization to identify process strengths in all seven categories. Clients receive a feedback report, based on their responses, which provides a detailed, individualized, written assessment of the organization’s strengths and opportunities for improvement.
The components of the feedback program include:
- Comments: You will receive around six detailed, actionable strengths and opportunities for improvement related to each of the 18 Baldrige Criteria Items. The comments can help you prioritize your improvement efforts.
- Scoring: You will receive your scores at both the item level and the overall score to assess your organization’s maturity level
- The Baldrige expert will spend two hours reviewing your feedback report with your executive team.
Milestone 3: Educational Site Visit
An advanced level for organizations that have demonstrated significant progress in building processes with results linked to the Baldrige Criteria for Performance Excellence. At this level, organizations have demonstrated progress in building processes linked to results aligned with the Baldrige Criteria for Performance Excellence. The organization submits a 50-page report which responds to the criteria questions. Three experienced Baldrige examiners will review the application and examine your organization on-site. With prepared questions, the Baldrige examiners will verify and clarify site visit issues related to your report. This site visit is designed to provide development opportunities for the workforce to help develop linkages to their daily work and the Baldrige Performance Excellence model.
Baldrige examiners will identify strengths and opportunities for improvement in all Categories in the Baldrige Criteria for Performance Excellence. After the examiners communicate, collaborate, and educate your workforce in a three day site visit, they will produce a feedback report based on the results found. The feedback report is a detailed, individualized, written assessment of your organization’s strengths and opportunities for improvement based on your report and the site visit. Here are the components of the report:
- Comments: You will receive approximately six detailed, actionable strengths and opportunities for improvement related to each of the 18 Baldrige Criteria Items. The comments can help you prioritize your continuous improvement efforts.
- Scoring: You will receive your scores at both the item level and the overall score.
Organizational Development Coaching – Available
Organizations often need ongoing coaching and support along the continuous improvement journey. Coaching services are available in a wide range of areas within the Baldrige Criteria for Performance Excellence and to achieve the Milestones. All coaching is individualized and based on the needs, requirements, and expectations of the organization.