Additive Manufacturing Services
Additive Manufacturing (AM) is the term used to describe the technologies that build 3D objects by adding layer-upon-layer of material—whether the material is plastic, metal or concrete.
If you want to learn more about Additive Manufacturing, and how it could be another tool to add to your toolkit, NC State Industry Expansion Solutions (IES) has developed a free online course (approx. 1.5 hours to complete and self-paced).
We are able to work with your company on:
- Determining ‘good fit’ projects for AM
- Exploring a Design for Additive project that includes 3D modeling support and printing prototypes at one of our facilities
- Navigating the cost-benefit decision of contracting out print jobs vs in-house machine implementation
- Product and material testing
Our work with you can lead to…
- Discovery of new applications for Additive Manufacturing on your shop floor
- Improvements to your new product lead time and overall costs
- Growth and diversification into new markets
Free Additive Manufacturing Course (Self-paced)
This is a short introductory course on Additive Manufacturing (AM), built specifically for small and medium sized manufacturers who are interested in learning more about this technology and how it might be applicable to their current and future operations.
IES has relationships with partners across the North Carolina Manufacturing Extension Partnership (NCMEP) that have diverse capabilities from product design to printing and testing parts (polymers only currently).
Schedule A Consultation
Contact us today so we can schedule a consultation with you to find out more about what you are trying to accomplish using AM.