Intensive hands-on Timer Pro training to support your CI and work measurement initiatives
3 days, 19.5 instructional hours
19.5 Professional Development Hours (PDH)
Don’t miss this chance to become an internal expert in work measurements and the latest lean and continuous improvement tools by attending this seminar. This will not be a rehash of time-and-motion methods of the past. During this hands-on, three-day workshop, you will learn 21st Century work measurement methods, current work sampling tools and technologies, and the importance of line workers in establishing better standards. The class will be conducted in NC State University’s state of the art on campus facilities.
The session will be led by Haleh Byrne – Product Lead, Industrial Engineering & Student Projects at NC State University IES. For eight years Haleh has led numerous Timer Pro projects with clients in North Carolina, Georgia, New York and Virginia. Haleh will be assisted by Doug Aird. Doug is the President of Applied Computer Services, Inc from Colorado and will lead all the hands on software sessions.
Anyone responsible for ensuring efficient, consistent plant operations: production and operations engineers, plant managers, and shop supervisors, foremen, technicians and line workers. Lean and continuous improvement practitioners will also benefit from the principles and emphasis on standardization for efficient operations.
- Learn about current tools of time study
- Participate in a performance rating as well as Process Improvement simulations
- Examples of real life projects and outcomes
- Video Based Time and Motion Study
- Video Based Lean, Kaizen, SMED and 5S analysis
- Line Balancing – with Toyota’s Yamazumi charts and embedded video
- Value Added Analysis
- Video Based Operator Training and Storyboards
- Ergonomic Analysis – customized to your internal Health and Safety needs
- Standard Work Instructions – automatic creation and maintenance
- PFMEA – Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis
- Work Combination Sheets
- Value Stream Mapping
- Introduction to Predetermine Time Standards
- Standard Data Time Libraries
- QuickTimes Standard Data – with full MTM backup
- PDA Based Time and Motion (Excel, iPad, iPhone, Android Smartphones and Tablets)
Each attendee will receive a copy of the complete Timer Pro Professional Software package – a $1895 US value. Timer Pro is used by over 1500 companies worldwide with over 5000 seats in use
The Timer Pro software will be provided to you two weeks prior to the class and you will be required to bring a laptop with Timer Pro loaded to seminar. This will be a 100% hands on session. You will be working on your PC.