2 days, 14 instructional hours
14 MESH (Manager of Environmental Safety and Health) Hours
14 Engineering Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
This 2-day course will cover the basic requirements of conducting an internal audit of an organization’s combined Environmental and Occupational Health and Safety Management System (EHSMS) according to ISO 14001:2015 and 45001:2018. This workshop will discuss the fundamentals of the ISO 14001 and 45001 standards and auditing skills. Topics covered in this training will include:
- Review of ISO 14001 and 45001 requirements
- Internal Audit programs
- Developing audit questions and using audit checklists
- Internal Audit Write-ups
- When the workshop is delivered on-site, a practice audit of your company’s EHSMS can be included.
Our experienced instructor, will discuss, in-depth, the ISO 14001:2015 and 45001:2018 standards as they relate to internal auditing. A variety of exercises and explanations, will be conducted including:
- Planning, preparing and performing internal audits
- Interactive Knowledge Checks
- Evidence of Effective Implementation of an EHSMS
- Audit Principles and Personal Behaviors as per ISO 19011:2018
- Sampling of audit evidence
- Following the Audit Trail
- Nonconformances and Opportunities for Improvement
- Findings Write-ups
Upon completion of this class, you will know what audit criteria to focus on and how to prepare for and conduct a combined ISO 14001 and 45001 internal audit.
Each participant will receive a training manual and copy of the ISO 14001:2015 and 45001:2018 standards. The training manual will contain:
- Training slides
- Other EHSMS internal audit tools may be provided by instructor as class discussions warrant
Participants will also receive a certificate of completion with instructional hours.
Who Should Attend:
Anyone who will be performing combined ISO 14001 and 45001 audits will benefit from this class. In addition, this course would be essential to:
- Managers building an EHSMS
- EHSMS Training Instructors
NOTE: ISO 14001:2015 and 45001:2018 Overviews are not prerequisites for this workshop but could be helpful for those new to the standard(s). This course is designed for individuals who are seeking to become an ISO 14001 and 45001 Internal Auditor.
If you are NOT looking to become a combined ISO 14001:2015 and 45001:2018 EMS Internal Auditor and are just seeking to gain a fundamental understanding of the ISO 14001 or 45001 standard, please register for the ISO 14001:2015 Overview or the ISO 45001:2018 Overview. These workshops can also be delivered onsite and can include a practice audit of your company’s EHSMS.