3 Days, 22 Instructional Hours
22 MESH Hours (Manager of Environmental Safety and Health)
22 PDHs (Professional Development Hours for Engineers)
This course is eligible for credit towards the Safety & Health Fundamentals Certificate.
About This Course:
This course covers the requirements for safe construction and use of scaffolding using OSHA’s construction scaffold standards as a guide. Upon course completion, participants will have the ability to identify the types of scaffolds and their components, determine safe assembly, use, and disassembly, and recognize common violations of OSHA standards.
- Safety and health professionals and those personnel responsible for scaffolding oversight and construction,
- Personnel responsible for contractor safety and ensuring proper scaffold installation and use, and
- Employers, managers, employees or employee representatives involved in working around, near, with and/or on scaffolds.
Participate in hands-on workshops to reinforce concepts of safe scaffolding
- Hazards associated with scaffold design, assembly, disassembly and use
- Types of scaffolds
- Determining scaffold capacity
- Employee qualifications
- Training and maintenance, repair and inspection requirements
Participants should be dressed comfortably and wear closed-toe shoes as some demonstrations and activities may be conducted outdoors.