1 days, 7 instructional hours
7 MESH (Manager of Environmental Safety and Health) Hours
7 Engineering Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
For location details and single session availability:
According to the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), generators of hazardous waste are required to properly identify, and ship their wastes to a “destination” facility. Employee training is required for large quantity generators, and small quantity generators must be thoroughly familiar with waste handling and emergency techniques. This course, Hazardous Waste Management for Generators, is a one-day class designed to meet these training requirements. Other topics covered in this course include:
- Hazardous waste determination
- On-site management for storage and accumulation requirements
- Manifest requirements, labeling, marking and placarding hazardous waste
- Recordkeeping, reporting, and fees
- Emergency procedures, contingency plans and training
- Reporting spills
- Used oil regulations
- Waste minimization under RCRA
- Universal waste management
Our experienced instructor will engage you in discussions and exercises. By attending this course you will be able to:
- Identify hazardous wastes
- Know how to manage wastes on-site
- Prepare hazardous wastes for shipping
- Explain why hazardous waste generators are regulated
- Describe the penalties and fines incurred by violators
All course participants will receive a manual prepared for hazardous waste generators and selected 40 CFR Parts 273, and 279.
Who Should Attend:
Hazardous Waste Management for Generators is designed for generators of hazardous wastes including users of cleaning solvents, oil-based paints, inks, wood preservatives, plating solutions, photographic chemicals, degreasers and rust and paint removers; dry cleaners, auto body shops and printers; municipal and other staff whose duties involve the management of hazardous chemicals and waste; and environmental managers.
This course also pairs well with DOT Hazardous Materials Transportation Training. Also customized classes can be arranged for delivery at your facility for shorter durations, covering both RCRA and DOT requirements.