4 Days, 30 Instructional Hours
30 MESH Hours (Manager of Environmental Safety and Health)
30 PDHs (Professional Development Hours for Engineers)
This course is eligible for credit towards the Safety & Health Fundamentals Certificate.
About This Event:
This course covers the various types of common machinery, machine safe guards, and related OSHA regulations and procedures. Guidance is provided on the hazards associated with various types of machinery and the determination of proper machine safe guards.
Safety and health professionals and employees who work with machinery and have the responsibility to identify and correct machine hazards.
- Describe common machine hazards and sources of energy
- Identify resources for assisting with machine guarding issues
- Determine methods of control and hazard abatement
- Select appropriate machine safe guards
- Recognize hazards and provide options for control and hazard abatement through machine safeguarding inspection workshops.
- Machinery processes and mechanical motions
- Points of operation
- Control of hazardous energy sources (lockout/tagout)
- Guarding of portable powered tools
- Guarding of robotic machinery
- Common OSHA machine guarding violations